Chad Gaudin to the Yankees

Aug 7, 2009, 8:40 AM EDT

Keeping in mind that last Friday’s trading deadline wasn’t actually a deadline, the Yankees have acquired Chad Gaudin from the Padres for the famous player to be named later (man, he gets dealt a lot). Gaudin is 4-10 with a 5.13 ERA, though his K-rate is strong.  If he can just rein the wildness, he’ll be a pretty useful starter.

This could — and should — spell the end of the Sergio Mitre experiment, as not even a first place team like the Yankees can tolerate a four-inning starter like him for long.  Personally I’d think about stretching Phil Hughes out for the role — he’s being wasted by throwing only 10 pitches an appearance — but given how much Yankees fans and writers like their high-profile setup men, that’s not going to happen.  And of course, if it ain’t broke . . .

1. Dan Novick - Aug 7, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Craig, I know you’re kind of joking here, but there’s no Phil debate like there was a Joba debate. Yankee fans and writers for the most part agree that he should be a starter. There’s no “Hughes to the ‘pen” movement like there was for Joba.

2. Suzan Sandry - Jan 5, 2010 at 11:53 AM

Hi, I found this blog post while was searching for online shopping related information on bing and found it very good article, thanks for sharing, best regards and cheers!

3. trusted internet connection - Jan 14, 2010 at 2:44 PM

This is just awesome! Thanks for making this available.

4. affiliate networks reviews - Jan 16, 2010 at 6:49 PM

It certainly is not right

5. Don Cross - Jan 20, 2010 at 3:39 PM

When I originally commented I clicked the “Notify me when new comments are added” checkbox and now each time a comment is added I get four emails with the same comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service? – Thanks

6. opalescence tooth whitening gel - Jan 30, 2010 at 12:29 AM

In it something is. Many thanks for the information, now I will not commit such error.

Yanks, Cards and Reds hit with injury bug