Aug 7, 2009, 12:35 AM EDT
However, it’s not all rosey for Aardsma, who is listed as manager Don Wakamatsu put it, as “minute-to-minute” after having a boil removed from his posterior.
As uncomfortable as that sounds, it must have been even worse to have the entire team, including coaches, enter the training room to look at the thing, as reported by Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times.
Hasn’t been anything attracting this much interest in a visitors’ clubhouse since Omar Vizquel of the Texas Rangers came to Safeco Field with a bunch of baby kangaroos back in July.
No offense to Aardsma, who I’m sure developed himself a fine boil, but I’m going with kangaroos on this one.
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 16
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 38
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 35
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)