Aug 7, 2009, 12:35 AM EDT
However, it’s not all rosey for Aardsma, who is listed as manager Don Wakamatsu put it, as “minute-to-minute” after having a boil removed from his posterior.
As uncomfortable as that sounds, it must have been even worse to have the entire team, including coaches, enter the training room to look at the thing, as reported by Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times.
Hasn’t been anything attracting this much interest in a visitors’ clubhouse since Omar Vizquel of the Texas Rangers came to Safeco Field with a bunch of baby kangaroos back in July.
No offense to Aardsma, who I’m sure developed himself a fine boil, but I’m going with kangaroos on this one.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 2
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 33
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)