Aug 7, 2009, 12:35 AM EDT
However, it’s not all rosey for Aardsma, who is listed as manager Don Wakamatsu put it, as “minute-to-minute” after having a boil removed from his posterior.
As uncomfortable as that sounds, it must have been even worse to have the entire team, including coaches, enter the training room to look at the thing, as reported by Geoff Baker of the Seattle Times.
Hasn’t been anything attracting this much interest in a visitors’ clubhouse since Omar Vizquel of the Texas Rangers came to Safeco Field with a bunch of baby kangaroos back in July.
No offense to Aardsma, who I’m sure developed himself a fine boil, but I’m going with kangaroos on this one.
- How’d he do that? Magician Maddux fooled hitters all the way to Hall 8
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 46
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 35
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 14
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 193
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 22
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 36
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (193)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)