Aug 7, 2009, 8:30 AM EST
I’ve been listening (and enjoying) ballpark heckling for thirty years, but this is a new one to me:
As the Mets took batting practice, a man in a green Mets T-shirt began to use his booming voice to heckle people in the organization who were on the field.
The trainer Ray Ramirez, who was talking on his cellphone near the cage, did not escape the man’s wrath.
“Team Hamstring,” the man bellowed. “Let’s get some real physical therapists in here.”
Tough crowd. But the Mets’ clubhouse is a tough place to be these days, especially if you’re a hamstring, as the article points out.
I’ll leave it to the Will Carrolls and Rany Jazayerlis of the world to determine if, as the article examines, there is something amiss with the Mets’ training staff. In the meantime, Ray Ramirez and his colleagues had better develop a thick skin to get through the rest of the season.
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Jonson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 0
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 99
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 44
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 33
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)