Aug 7, 2009, 11:52 AM EDT
Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins have acquired Carl Pavano from the Indians for a player to be named later.
Between his 5.37 ERA and lengthy injury history most of my fellow Twins fans will probably mock the move, but Pavano has a 4.76 ERA and 87/20 K/BB ratio in 125 innings spread over 20 starts since his ugly first outing and his 4.15 Expected Fielding Independent Pitching (xFIP) would lead Minnesota’s rotation. Depending on the PTBNL, it’s a decent low-wattage pickup for a rotation that has really been struggling of late.
It’ll be interesting to see if Pavano’s arrival ends Francisco Liriano’s time in the rotation, because the Twins have certainly hinted at that move recently.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 7
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)