Aug 7, 2009, 11:52 AM EST
Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins have acquired Carl Pavano from the Indians for a player to be named later.
Between his 5.37 ERA and lengthy injury history most of my fellow Twins fans will probably mock the move, but Pavano has a 4.76 ERA and 87/20 K/BB ratio in 125 innings spread over 20 starts since his ugly first outing and his 4.15 Expected Fielding Independent Pitching (xFIP) would lead Minnesota’s rotation. Depending on the PTBNL, it’s a decent low-wattage pickup for a rotation that has really been struggling of late.
It’ll be interesting to see if Pavano’s arrival ends Francisco Liriano’s time in the rotation, because the Twins have certainly hinted at that move recently.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (359)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)