Aug 7, 2009, 11:52 AM EDT
Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins have acquired Carl Pavano from the Indians for a player to be named later.
Between his 5.37 ERA and lengthy injury history most of my fellow Twins fans will probably mock the move, but Pavano has a 4.76 ERA and 87/20 K/BB ratio in 125 innings spread over 20 starts since his ugly first outing and his 4.15 Expected Fielding Independent Pitching (xFIP) would lead Minnesota’s rotation. Depending on the PTBNL, it’s a decent low-wattage pickup for a rotation that has really been struggling of late.
It’ll be interesting to see if Pavano’s arrival ends Francisco Liriano’s time in the rotation, because the Twins have certainly hinted at that move recently.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 9
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)