Aug 7, 2009, 11:52 AM EST
Joe Christensen of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports that the Twins have acquired Carl Pavano from the Indians for a player to be named later.
Between his 5.37 ERA and lengthy injury history most of my fellow Twins fans will probably mock the move, but Pavano has a 4.76 ERA and 87/20 K/BB ratio in 125 innings spread over 20 starts since his ugly first outing and his 4.15 Expected Fielding Independent Pitching (xFIP) would lead Minnesota’s rotation. Depending on the PTBNL, it’s a decent low-wattage pickup for a rotation that has really been struggling of late.
It’ll be interesting to see if Pavano’s arrival ends Francisco Liriano’s time in the rotation, because the Twins have certainly hinted at that move recently.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 76
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 42
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 24
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)