Aug 7, 2009, 9:05 AM EDT
The Mets are apparently going to try to deal Billy Wagner. According to the article, he won’t be facing major league hitters for another ten days or so. With the postseason roster trade deadline of August 31st, that leaves less than two weeks for Wagner to show that he can get people out.
It often takes more than a year for a guy to really get his touch back following Tommy John surgery even if he’s otherwise feeling good and shows good velocity. Wagner had surgery on September 10th of last year. Even if he’s feeling great, I can’t really feature him looking so sharp between August 17th and the 31st that a playoff contender will really be interested, but I guess stranger things have happened.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)