Aug 7, 2009, 9:05 AM EST
The Mets are apparently going to try to deal Billy Wagner. According to the article, he won’t be facing major league hitters for another ten days or so. With the postseason roster trade deadline of August 31st, that leaves less than two weeks for Wagner to show that he can get people out.
It often takes more than a year for a guy to really get his touch back following Tommy John surgery even if he’s otherwise feeling good and shows good velocity. Wagner had surgery on September 10th of last year. Even if he’s feeling great, I can’t really feature him looking so sharp between August 17th and the 31st that a playoff contender will really be interested, but I guess stranger things have happened.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 93
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 30
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 257
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (259)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (101)