Aug 7, 2009, 9:05 AM EDT
The Mets are apparently going to try to deal Billy Wagner. According to the article, he won’t be facing major league hitters for another ten days or so. With the postseason roster trade deadline of August 31st, that leaves less than two weeks for Wagner to show that he can get people out.
It often takes more than a year for a guy to really get his touch back following Tommy John surgery even if he’s otherwise feeling good and shows good velocity. Wagner had surgery on September 10th of last year. Even if he’s feeling great, I can’t really feature him looking so sharp between August 17th and the 31st that a playoff contender will really be interested, but I guess stranger things have happened.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- LIVE: Bruins-Rangers, Game 5
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona