Aug 11, 2009, 8:57 AM EST
Lost in the Dodgers’ win last night — at least lost to those of us back east who went to bed too early to watch it — was the fact that Orlando Hudson hurt his groin while fielding Eugenio Velez’s infield single in the sixth.
He’s only supposed to miss a couple of days, but groin injuries tend to nag, so who knows? Bad time to lose Hudson who, after slumping in June and July is 10-28 in August.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (223)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)