Aug 11, 2009, 8:57 AM EDT
Lost in the Dodgers’ win last night — at least lost to those of us back east who went to bed too early to watch it — was the fact that Orlando Hudson hurt his groin while fielding Eugenio Velez’s infield single in the sixth.
He’s only supposed to miss a couple of days, but groin injuries tend to nag, so who knows? Bad time to lose Hudson who, after slumping in June and July is 10-28 in August.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 100
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 3
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 150
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 11
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (150)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)