Aug 11, 2009, 8:57 AM EDT
Lost in the Dodgers’ win last night — at least lost to those of us back east who went to bed too early to watch it — was the fact that Orlando Hudson hurt his groin while fielding Eugenio Velez’s infield single in the sixth.
He’s only supposed to miss a couple of days, but groin injuries tend to nag, so who knows? Bad time to lose Hudson who, after slumping in June and July is 10-28 in August.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)