Aug 12, 2009, 10:55 AM EST
Mets’ blogger Metstradamus is steamed at an email he just received from the Brooklyn Cyclones — a Mets’ affiliate — announcing that Tommy Lasorda is going to be inducted into the Brooklyn Dodgers Hall of Fame. The same Tommy Lasorda who pitched 13 whole innings with a 7.62 ERA for the Brooklyn Dodgers. “I’m lucky my head hasn’t exploded at all the things wrong with this scenario,” Metstradamus says.
And he has a good point. Why, exactly, is a Mets affiliate the keeper of the Dodgers’ history? Sure, Brooklyn is Brooklyn, but one would think that the loyalties would lie with the local big club, not the one that up and left over half a century ago. It’s not like the L.A. Dodgers have ignored their New York history.
All of this gets thrown into the general pile of things — along with that Ebbets-style rotunda and serial eschewings of all things oldenMets – that, rightly or wrongly, suggests that the Mets couldn’t care less about their own, quite underrated history.
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 16
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 179
- Report: Pablo Sandoval and the Red Sox agree to a five-year deal at close to $100 million 103
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 34
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 25
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (185)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)