Aug 13, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recaps, some idiot threw a beer at Shane Victorino in the fifth inning of the Cubs-Phils game. Turned out that the fan who was detained for it, however, wasn’t the right guy, and now a dragnet is out:
The unknown fan who tossed a beer onto Philadelphia outfielder Shane
Victorino during the fifth inning of Wednesday night’s game managed to
escape without getting caught.
The Cubs still hope to identify the fan and prosecute him to the
fullest extent of the law, but will need the help of other Cubs fans to
find him . . . The Cubs are working with the Chicago Police Department to try and find
the fan, and plan to release the photograph on Thursday in hopes that
someone will identify him.
Here’s hoping that this guy gets Bartman-level scorn and scrutiny from the press and the public.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 7
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 155
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (159)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)