Aug 13, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recaps, some idiot threw a beer at Shane Victorino in the fifth inning of the Cubs-Phils game. Turned out that the fan who was detained for it, however, wasn’t the right guy, and now a dragnet is out:
The unknown fan who tossed a beer onto Philadelphia outfielder Shane
Victorino during the fifth inning of Wednesday night’s game managed to
escape without getting caught.
The Cubs still hope to identify the fan and prosecute him to the
fullest extent of the law, but will need the help of other Cubs fans to
find him . . . The Cubs are working with the Chicago Police Department to try and find
the fan, and plan to release the photograph on Thursday in hopes that
someone will identify him.
Here’s hoping that this guy gets Bartman-level scorn and scrutiny from the press and the public.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 19
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 24
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 31
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (114)