Aug 13, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recaps, some idiot threw a beer at Shane Victorino in the fifth inning of the Cubs-Phils game. Turned out that the fan who was detained for it, however, wasn’t the right guy, and now a dragnet is out:
The unknown fan who tossed a beer onto Philadelphia outfielder Shane
Victorino during the fifth inning of Wednesday night’s game managed to
escape without getting caught.
The Cubs still hope to identify the fan and prosecute him to the
fullest extent of the law, but will need the help of other Cubs fans to
find him . . . The Cubs are working with the Chicago Police Department to try and find
the fan, and plan to release the photograph on Thursday in hopes that
someone will identify him.
Here’s hoping that this guy gets Bartman-level scorn and scrutiny from the press and the public.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (96)