Aug 13, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recaps, some idiot threw a beer at Shane Victorino in the fifth inning of the Cubs-Phils game. Turned out that the fan who was detained for it, however, wasn’t the right guy, and now a dragnet is out:
The unknown fan who tossed a beer onto Philadelphia outfielder Shane
Victorino during the fifth inning of Wednesday night’s game managed to
escape without getting caught.
The Cubs still hope to identify the fan and prosecute him to the
fullest extent of the law, but will need the help of other Cubs fans to
find him . . . The Cubs are working with the Chicago Police Department to try and find
the fan, and plan to release the photograph on Thursday in hopes that
someone will identify him.
Here’s hoping that this guy gets Bartman-level scorn and scrutiny from the press and the public.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8