Aug 13, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
As I mentioned in the recaps, some idiot threw a beer at Shane Victorino in the fifth inning of the Cubs-Phils game. Turned out that the fan who was detained for it, however, wasn’t the right guy, and now a dragnet is out:
The unknown fan who tossed a beer onto Philadelphia outfielder Shane
Victorino during the fifth inning of Wednesday night’s game managed to
escape without getting caught.
The Cubs still hope to identify the fan and prosecute him to the
fullest extent of the law, but will need the help of other Cubs fans to
find him . . . The Cubs are working with the Chicago Police Department to try and find
the fan, and plan to release the photograph on Thursday in hopes that
someone will identify him.
Here’s hoping that this guy gets Bartman-level scorn and scrutiny from the press and the public.
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 52
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 101
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 74
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 75
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)