Aug 13, 2009, 8:00 AM EDT
With this product, they’re still overpriced, but you gotta at least appreciate the effort:
With the New York Mets fading from contention, the team has cut ticket prices up to 50 percent for some seats for 13 of 26 remaining home games. Metropolitan Box seats originally priced at $180 can be had for $90 for six games starting with Friday night, according to an Internet promotion for TheaterMania members. The discount also applies to tickets originally costing $150, $138 and $90.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)