Aug 13, 2009, 9:50 AM EST
Joba Chamberlain is getting seven days’ rest and will miss the Red Sox series next weekend, but don’t expect any soft treatment of him come October. According to Joe Girardi, come playoff time, the Joba Rules will probably be waived, and it be “all hands on deck.”
Whether the rules even last that long, however, probably depends on (a) how ugly Chad Gaudin and Sergio Mitre’s starts are; and (b) whether the Sox or the Rays decide to try and make a race out of the division.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)