Aug 13, 2009, 9:50 AM EDT
Joba Chamberlain is getting seven days’ rest and will miss the Red Sox series next weekend, but don’t expect any soft treatment of him come October. According to Joe Girardi, come playoff time, the Joba Rules will probably be waived, and it be “all hands on deck.”
Whether the rules even last that long, however, probably depends on (a) how ugly Chad Gaudin and Sergio Mitre’s starts are; and (b) whether the Sox or the Rays decide to try and make a race out of the division.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (110)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)