Aug 14, 2009, 8:50 AM EST
Hank Aaron, speaking in Milwaukee yesterday:
“Let’s face it. You look at the stats and Barry Bonds is on top. He got more home
runs than I got and he legitimately should be the home run champ.”
In light of even Hank admitting that you can’t mess with history, can we please put all of the asterisk, or “real home run champ” business to rest now?
That doesn’t mean you can’t think anything you want about Barry Bonds — feel free. It’s just that an entry in a record book isn’t a value judgment. It’s a chronicle of what happened. And no matter what you think of Barry Bonds, he did hit all of those home runs.
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano 76
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (98)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (87)
- UPDATE: Mariners planning to offer nine years, $225 million to Robinson Cano (81)