Aug 14, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT
Hank Aaron, speaking in Milwaukee yesterday:
“Let’s face it. You look at the stats and Barry Bonds is on top. He got more home
runs than I got and he legitimately should be the home run champ.”
In light of even Hank admitting that you can’t mess with history, can we please put all of the asterisk, or “real home run champ” business to rest now?
That doesn’t mean you can’t think anything you want about Barry Bonds — feel free. It’s just that an entry in a record book isn’t a value judgment. It’s a chronicle of what happened. And no matter what you think of Barry Bonds, he did hit all of those home runs.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)