Aug 14, 2009, 8:50 AM EST
Hank Aaron, speaking in Milwaukee yesterday:
“Let’s face it. You look at the stats and Barry Bonds is on top. He got more home
runs than I got and he legitimately should be the home run champ.”
In light of even Hank admitting that you can’t mess with history, can we please put all of the asterisk, or “real home run champ” business to rest now?
That doesn’t mean you can’t think anything you want about Barry Bonds — feel free. It’s just that an entry in a record book isn’t a value judgment. It’s a chronicle of what happened. And no matter what you think of Barry Bonds, he did hit all of those home runs.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)