Aug 14, 2009, 10:15 AM EDT
It was against a weak Pawtucket team, but allowing one hit and striking out five in three innings while hitting 93 and 94 on the gun is a good sign for the White Sox. It certainly does nothing to throw Peavy’s tentative August 28th return to the majors into question. Though this might if he’s not careful.
Because the White Sox are on the West Coast, Peavy will stay in
Charlotte until after Tuesday’s start. Much of his time probably will
be spent at the Hickory Tavern, where he reports they put the Sox game
on television for him Wednesday night. He admits staying “way past my bedtime,”
Just remember, Jake: Liquor before beer, never fear . . .
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 7
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20