Aug 14, 2009, 10:15 AM EST
It was against a weak Pawtucket team, but allowing one hit and striking out five in three innings while hitting 93 and 94 on the gun is a good sign for the White Sox. It certainly does nothing to throw Peavy’s tentative August 28th return to the majors into question. Though this might if he’s not careful.
Because the White Sox are on the West Coast, Peavy will stay in
Charlotte until after Tuesday’s start. Much of his time probably will
be spent at the Hickory Tavern, where he reports they put the Sox game
on television for him Wednesday night. He admits staying “way past my bedtime,”
Just remember, Jake: Liquor before beer, never fear . . .
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (96)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)