Aug 14, 2009, 9:20 AM EST
I think that Adam Rubin has been writing too much and watching too little baseball:
A preliminary schedule for next season reveals that the Twins and
Tigers are scheduled to visit Citi Field, the Daily News has learned.
The Mets also expected to visit Cleveland, in addition to the customary
home-and-home series with the Yankees . . . Other than the Santana connection, there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of storylines. The Indians’ roster includes ex-Met Joe Smith, while you may remember Anderson Hernandez was originally acquired from Detroit for Vance Wilson.
“Storylines?” I thought the games themselves are supposed to provide the storylines. What is this, figure skating? Are we not supposed to care unless there’s some personal connection or something?
Here’s a storyline: if the Mets don’t win a lot of games, including ones against Cleveland and Minnesota, they’re not going to make the playoffs and people are going to get fired and traded and stuff. The stories write themselves, really.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)