Aug 14, 2009, 9:20 AM EDT
I think that Adam Rubin has been writing too much and watching too little baseball:
A preliminary schedule for next season reveals that the Twins and
Tigers are scheduled to visit Citi Field, the Daily News has learned.
The Mets also expected to visit Cleveland, in addition to the customary
home-and-home series with the Yankees . . . Other than the Santana connection, there doesn’t seem to be much in the way of storylines. The Indians’ roster includes ex-Met Joe Smith, while you may remember Anderson Hernandez was originally acquired from Detroit for Vance Wilson.
“Storylines?” I thought the games themselves are supposed to provide the storylines. What is this, figure skating? Are we not supposed to care unless there’s some personal connection or something?
Here’s a storyline: if the Mets don’t win a lot of games, including ones against Cleveland and Minnesota, they’re not going to make the playoffs and people are going to get fired and traded and stuff. The stories write themselves, really.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The Lester trade is a win-win 84
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 145
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 91
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (146)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (120)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)