Aug 15, 2009, 1:00 PM EDT
“He doesn’t get
to play a whole lot, and achieving what he did tonight is very
exciting. He didn’t know the situation of the game and that there are
certain things you don’t do. He doesn’t know any better. I have plans
to talk to Mike Scioscia, because I’d hate to see them do something to
retaliate. I know Mike. We played together, and I’m sure he’ll
understand. I’ll try to calm him down a little, but Mike was staring at
- Orioles third base coach Juan Samuel, after Felix Pie celebrated hitting for the cycle on Friday night. By the way, Mike Scioscia, he hates puppies.
was playing video games today. That’s what it looked like. Pressing
buttons. We press A and he throws a ball 97 mph on the corner
down-and-away. We press B and he throws a slider and strikes a guy out.
It was a lot of fun for me. I had a good view of what was going on.”
- John Baker gets all Nintendo about Josh Johnson’s brilliant effort against the Rockies on Friday night. Johnson held the Rockies hitless until a Garrett Atkins solo home run in the seventh inning.
“I’m hitting like [expletive] that’s why.”
- David Ortiz analyzes why he was dropped to seventh in the order
on Friday night. The move seems to have sparked him, as Ortiz hit his
first home run of the month in a wild 8-4 win over the Rangers.
I mean, you know? You just can’t make any mistakes. It’s kind of tough
when you’ve got to go out and try to be perfect every time out. That
wears on you even more.”
- Aaron Harang accepts his “Teammate of the Month” award.
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 19
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 7
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 41
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (245)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)