Aug 15, 2009, 1:00 PM EST
“He doesn’t get
to play a whole lot, and achieving what he did tonight is very
exciting. He didn’t know the situation of the game and that there are
certain things you don’t do. He doesn’t know any better. I have plans
to talk to Mike Scioscia, because I’d hate to see them do something to
retaliate. I know Mike. We played together, and I’m sure he’ll
understand. I’ll try to calm him down a little, but Mike was staring at
- Orioles third base coach Juan Samuel, after Felix Pie celebrated hitting for the cycle on Friday night. By the way, Mike Scioscia, he hates puppies.
was playing video games today. That’s what it looked like. Pressing
buttons. We press A and he throws a ball 97 mph on the corner
down-and-away. We press B and he throws a slider and strikes a guy out.
It was a lot of fun for me. I had a good view of what was going on.”
- John Baker gets all Nintendo about Josh Johnson’s brilliant effort against the Rockies on Friday night. Johnson held the Rockies hitless until a Garrett Atkins solo home run in the seventh inning.
“I’m hitting like [expletive] that’s why.”
- David Ortiz analyzes why he was dropped to seventh in the order
on Friday night. The move seems to have sparked him, as Ortiz hit his
first home run of the month in a wild 8-4 win over the Rangers.
I mean, you know? You just can’t make any mistakes. It’s kind of tough
when you’ve got to go out and try to be perfect every time out. That
wears on you even more.”
- Aaron Harang accepts his “Teammate of the Month” award.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 82
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 47
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 31
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)