Aug 15, 2009, 1:00 PM EST
“He doesn’t get
to play a whole lot, and achieving what he did tonight is very
exciting. He didn’t know the situation of the game and that there are
certain things you don’t do. He doesn’t know any better. I have plans
to talk to Mike Scioscia, because I’d hate to see them do something to
retaliate. I know Mike. We played together, and I’m sure he’ll
understand. I’ll try to calm him down a little, but Mike was staring at
- Orioles third base coach Juan Samuel, after Felix Pie celebrated hitting for the cycle on Friday night. By the way, Mike Scioscia, he hates puppies.
was playing video games today. That’s what it looked like. Pressing
buttons. We press A and he throws a ball 97 mph on the corner
down-and-away. We press B and he throws a slider and strikes a guy out.
It was a lot of fun for me. I had a good view of what was going on.”
- John Baker gets all Nintendo about Josh Johnson’s brilliant effort against the Rockies on Friday night. Johnson held the Rockies hitless until a Garrett Atkins solo home run in the seventh inning.
“I’m hitting like [expletive] that’s why.”
- David Ortiz analyzes why he was dropped to seventh in the order
on Friday night. The move seems to have sparked him, as Ortiz hit his
first home run of the month in a wild 8-4 win over the Rangers.
I mean, you know? You just can’t make any mistakes. It’s kind of tough
when you’ve got to go out and try to be perfect every time out. That
wears on you even more.”
- Aaron Harang accepts his “Teammate of the Month” award.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 284
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (285)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)