Aug 16, 2009, 11:27 AM EDT
In 20 games since joining the
Cardinals, Matt Holliday is batting .475/.505/.813 with five homers, 20
RBI, 17 runs scored and an 1.318 OPS. Unreal. But did you know that
Jeff Francoeur (four) has drawn more walks than Holliday (one) this
It hardly matters when you are
swinging such a hot bat, but Holliday’s August reveals one of the
strangest batting lines in recent memory. He enters play on Sunday with
a .412/.407/.765 showing this month. Since Holliday has two sacrifice
flies to his credit (on August 9th and 10th), Holliday’s on-base
percentage is actually lower than his batting average.
Thanks to our own Craig Calcaterra for helping me realize the source of this little oddity.
By the way, if you don’t mind random ramblings like this, feel free to follow me on Twitter.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 15
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte