Aug 16, 2009, 11:27 AM EDT
In 20 games since joining the
Cardinals, Matt Holliday is batting .475/.505/.813 with five homers, 20
RBI, 17 runs scored and an 1.318 OPS. Unreal. But did you know that
Jeff Francoeur (four) has drawn more walks than Holliday (one) this
It hardly matters when you are
swinging such a hot bat, but Holliday’s August reveals one of the
strangest batting lines in recent memory. He enters play on Sunday with
a .412/.407/.765 showing this month. Since Holliday has two sacrifice
flies to his credit (on August 9th and 10th), Holliday’s on-base
percentage is actually lower than his batting average.
Thanks to our own Craig Calcaterra for helping me realize the source of this little oddity.
By the way, if you don’t mind random ramblings like this, feel free to follow me on Twitter.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)