Aug 17, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT
The guy sounds like that personal trainer I’ve been ducking at the gym for the past six months:
“There are things in life you don’t like to do, but you have to do
them. I don’t like abs [abdominal muscle workouts], but I have to do
them. I have to start doing them every day and be serious about it. I’ve got to be honest with me and with you [media] guys and the fans.
I’m 28 years old, I’m not 16 anymore. I’m a big guy
and I work hard every day, [but] one of the things I don’t like to do
is my abs, my core work. If I do abs every day and keep doing my job
and be serious about my abs, I’ll be OK.”
No word on whether he plans to cut down on the crazy, but I hope not. I love watching this guy pitch, and all of the stuff that goes with it. It probably helps that I’m not a Cubs fan. I can see how his shtick could get old if you actually care if his team wins or loses.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- LIVE: Bruins-Blackhawks, Game 4
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming