Aug 17, 2009, 8:50 AM EST
The guy sounds like that personal trainer I’ve been ducking at the gym for the past six months:
“There are things in life you don’t like to do, but you have to do
them. I don’t like abs [abdominal muscle workouts], but I have to do
them. I have to start doing them every day and be serious about it. I’ve got to be honest with me and with you [media] guys and the fans.
I’m 28 years old, I’m not 16 anymore. I’m a big guy
and I work hard every day, [but] one of the things I don’t like to do
is my abs, my core work. If I do abs every day and keep doing my job
and be serious about my abs, I’ll be OK.”
No word on whether he plans to cut down on the crazy, but I hope not. I love watching this guy pitch, and all of the stuff that goes with it. It probably helps that I’m not a Cubs fan. I can see how his shtick could get old if you actually care if his team wins or loses.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)