Aug 19, 2009, 10:20 AM EDT
I don’t mean to make light of anyone getting a potentially deadly disease, but I do find it rather interesting that a baseball team named after a pork packing and processing company has come down with swine flu:
All players and staff of the Nippon Ham Fighters baseball team will be tested for swine flu after two players and a coach contracted the virus, the Japanese Pacific League team said Wednesday.
major league outfielder Terrmel Sledge, pitcher Naoki Miyanishi and
head coach Junichi Fukura were confirmed to have contracted the virus
when 27 people were tested Tuesday.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)