Aug 19, 2009, 10:20 AM EDT
I don’t mean to make light of anyone getting a potentially deadly disease, but I do find it rather interesting that a baseball team named after a pork packing and processing company has come down with swine flu:
All players and staff of the Nippon Ham Fighters baseball team will be tested for swine flu after two players and a coach contracted the virus, the Japanese Pacific League team said Wednesday.
major league outfielder Terrmel Sledge, pitcher Naoki Miyanishi and
head coach Junichi Fukura were confirmed to have contracted the virus
when 27 people were tested Tuesday.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 0
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 18
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 38
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 15
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 71
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4