Aug 19, 2009, 10:20 AM EDT
I don’t mean to make light of anyone getting a potentially deadly disease, but I do find it rather interesting that a baseball team named after a pork packing and processing company has come down with swine flu:
All players and staff of the Nippon Ham Fighters baseball team will be tested for swine flu after two players and a coach contracted the virus, the Japanese Pacific League team said Wednesday.
major league outfielder Terrmel Sledge, pitcher Naoki Miyanishi and
head coach Junichi Fukura were confirmed to have contracted the virus
when 27 people were tested Tuesday.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8