Aug 20, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT
We saw this one coming, but Billy Wagner has been placed on waivers by the Mets. He’ll almost certainly go unclaimed, what with any claiming club being on the hook for $3.6 million or so.
I can’t see entrusting late inning leads to a guy so soon after coming off of Tommy John surgery, but the Cubs are pretty desperate for a closer right now and I could see them biting. Anyone else would probably be using him simply for bullpen depth.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)