Aug 20, 2009, 10:15 AM EDT
Gwinnett fans might see Tim Hudson face Jake Peavy on Sunday in a marquee matchup of rehabbing pitchers.
Hudson is set to make his next-to-last rehab start Sunday for the Class AAA Gwinnett. Peavy, the former San Diego ace traded to the Chicago White Sox last month, is rehabbing from an ankle injury and might face Hudson on Sunday.
Very similar situations for these guys in that each is going to be counted on to bring something to a team a few games out of the playoff hunt. At the same time, each have been pretty uneven in rehab starts.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)