Aug 20, 2009, 10:15 AM EDT
Gwinnett fans might see Tim Hudson face Jake Peavy on Sunday in a marquee matchup of rehabbing pitchers.
Hudson is set to make his next-to-last rehab start Sunday for the Class AAA Gwinnett. Peavy, the former San Diego ace traded to the Chicago White Sox last month, is rehabbing from an ankle injury and might face Hudson on Sunday.
Very similar situations for these guys in that each is going to be counted on to bring something to a team a few games out of the playoff hunt. At the same time, each have been pretty uneven in rehab starts.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)