Aug 20, 2009, 10:15 AM EDT
Gwinnett fans might see Tim Hudson face Jake Peavy on Sunday in a marquee matchup of rehabbing pitchers.
Hudson is set to make his next-to-last rehab start Sunday for the Class AAA Gwinnett. Peavy, the former San Diego ace traded to the Chicago White Sox last month, is rehabbing from an ankle injury and might face Hudson on Sunday.
Very similar situations for these guys in that each is going to be counted on to bring something to a team a few games out of the playoff hunt. At the same time, each have been pretty uneven in rehab starts.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (95)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)