Aug 20, 2009, 10:15 AM EDT
Gwinnett fans might see Tim Hudson face Jake Peavy on Sunday in a marquee matchup of rehabbing pitchers.
Hudson is set to make his next-to-last rehab start Sunday for the Class AAA Gwinnett. Peavy, the former San Diego ace traded to the Chicago White Sox last month, is rehabbing from an ankle injury and might face Hudson on Sunday.
Very similar situations for these guys in that each is going to be counted on to bring something to a team a few games out of the playoff hunt. At the same time, each have been pretty uneven in rehab starts.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 0
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)