Aug 20, 2009, 1:40 PM EDT
If you’ve never heard of the independent Northern League before you’re missing out, because Monday night’s matchup between Fargo-Moorhead and Winnipeg was really something special. After pitcher Ace Walker threw behind batter Nic Jackson, both benches slowly started to empty as the home-plate umpire issued warnings. And then all of a sudden the two managers started brawling at third base. Seriously.
The game was in Canada, so naturally the play-by-play announcer screamed out, “Oh, it’s the old hockey fight!” And my favorite part of the whole thing is that no one was suspended for the incident that involved two middle-aged men in charge of running their respective professional baseball teams punching each other in the face.
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 2
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 39
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)