Aug 24, 2009, 10:22 AM EDT
lar from Wezen-Ball thinks it might be, with the “feats” being defined as a no-hitter, a perfect game, an unassisted triple play, and someone hitting for the cycle:
The last time it happened was in 1994, when Kenny Rogers pitched a perfect game, Kent Mercker and Scott Erickson threw no-hitters, John Valentin turned the triple play and Scott Cooper hit for the cycle. The only other season to see all four feats was 1968, when four pitchers threw no-hitters to go along with Catfish Hunter’s perfect game.
As is always the case with Wezen-Ball, there are some other historical goodies to be read, so I highly recommend a click through on what is shaping up to be a rather slow baseball news day.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 13
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 43
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17