Aug 24, 2009, 10:22 AM EDT
lar from Wezen-Ball thinks it might be, with the “feats” being defined as a no-hitter, a perfect game, an unassisted triple play, and someone hitting for the cycle:
The last time it happened was in 1994, when Kenny Rogers pitched a perfect game, Kent Mercker and Scott Erickson threw no-hitters, John Valentin turned the triple play and Scott Cooper hit for the cycle. The only other season to see all four feats was 1968, when four pitchers threw no-hitters to go along with Catfish Hunter’s perfect game.
As is always the case with Wezen-Ball, there are some other historical goodies to be read, so I highly recommend a click through on what is shaping up to be a rather slow baseball news day.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)