Aug 24, 2009, 9:52 AM EDT
When you screw up with a seven game lead in the division, you’re colorful. When you do it during an extended swoon that has people wondering whether you can hold on to the lead, you get the raspberries:
There was no translation needed to comprehend the most unusual of sounds showered upon Manny Ramirez in the sixth inning Sunday afternoon:
Dodgers fans loudly voiced their displeasure after the wildly popular left fielder allowed Aramis Ramirez’s hit to roll past him to the wall for a triple that sparked a tiebreaking two-run outburst and gave the Chicago Cubs a 3-1 victory at Dodger Stadium.
The Dodgers’ poor play has been a team effort lately, but with Ramirez sitting at .254/.345/.431 since the break, you can bet that he’s going to get the lion’s share of the blame if L.A. somehow woofs the division away to the Rockies or Giants.
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 4
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 3
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 85
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20