Aug 26, 2009, 8:50 AM EST
For as bad as he is, even Livan Hernandez has his uses. Specifically, to go out and pitch a bunch of innings, no matter how ineffective, in order to ease the burden on the young arms of a team already out of the race:
The Nationals signed Livan Hernandez late Tuesday night and wasted no
time inserting the veteran right-hander into their rotation. He’ll
start Wednesday against the Chicago Cubs, bumping four of Washington’s
other starters back a day and Collin Balester to Class AAA Syracuse.
And we can now officially call off the Bryce Harper derby.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)