Aug 29, 2009, 11:28 AM EDT
Despite a ton of blown saves and a bloated ERA, Brad Lidge remains optimistic. What’s more, he thinks he know what his problem is:
He said one of the problems had been working with runners on base.
“I haven’t been as effective coming out of the stretch, and that is
what I am working the hardest on. The biggest thing is working on the stretch, and when that
happens, I will be back to where I need to be, and I don’t think that
it’s that far off.”
But Brad: You’re a closer who comes in at the start of the ninth, pitching out of the windup. if the stretch is the problem, how are all those guys getting on base in the first place?
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11