Aug 29, 2009, 1:00 PM EDT
The Brewers may be a disappointment this year, but they’re doing great at the gate, and will likely draw over 3 million fans this season. Don Walker at the Journal-Sentinel has some explanations why. The third reason is the best:
Third, the Brewers are promotion-heavy. On Sunday, the Brewers are giving away Jeff Suppan bobbleheads.
Wait, that’s tomorrow! Milwaukee is only 450 miles from here! I can make it! Jeff Suppan bobblehead, you will be mine!
Yes, I totally get why so many people go to those games.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)