Aug 29, 2009, 1:00 PM EDT
The Brewers may be a disappointment this year, but they’re doing great at the gate, and will likely draw over 3 million fans this season. Don Walker at the Journal-Sentinel has some explanations why. The third reason is the best:
Third, the Brewers are promotion-heavy. On Sunday, the Brewers are giving away Jeff Suppan bobbleheads.
Wait, that’s tomorrow! Milwaukee is only 450 miles from here! I can make it! Jeff Suppan bobblehead, you will be mine!
Yes, I totally get why so many people go to those games.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)