Aug 29, 2009, 1:00 PM EST
The Brewers may be a disappointment this year, but they’re doing great at the gate, and will likely draw over 3 million fans this season. Don Walker at the Journal-Sentinel has some explanations why. The third reason is the best:
Third, the Brewers are promotion-heavy. On Sunday, the Brewers are giving away Jeff Suppan bobbleheads.
Wait, that’s tomorrow! Milwaukee is only 450 miles from here! I can make it! Jeff Suppan bobblehead, you will be mine!
Yes, I totally get why so many people go to those games.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 9
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 60
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 58
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)