Aug 30, 2009, 9:09 AM EST
I don’t have the get-up-and-go on a Sunday morning to do a full-blown “And That Happened,” but here’s a quick tour of last night’s action:
He’s worried! You cut him! You hurt him! You see? You see? He’s not a machine, he’s a man!
We’ve secretly replaced Boston’s regular, inefficient fourth starter with one who wastes fewer pitches. Let’s see if they notice!
We’ve also replaced the late-00s version of Barry Zito with the early 00s version. I think the Rockies certainly noticed.
I can’t wait for Plaschke to explain this one.
The Cubs take a 2-0 lead in the World Series of Pathetic, Expensive Underachieving teams.
Finally, if the Yankees actually start getting contributions from guys like Sergio Mitre, well, forget about it.
- Grant Balfour may file a grievance over Orioles’ decision to back out of contract 18
- Former Major Leaguer Gabe Kapler wants collisions to remain part of the game 27
- Carlos Beltran introduced by the Yankees, takes a shot at the Mets 29
- The Grant Balfour-Orioles deal is dead 25
- Kevin Youkilis is going to play in Japan 30
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- I don’t know what the best baseball song is, but it ain’t John freakin’ Fogerty (101)
- Happy Birthday, Ty Cobb! (89)
- ‘Tis the season for people acting incredibly dumb (74)
- The Yankees agree to a one-year, $2 million deal with Brian Roberts (74)