Aug 30, 2009, 9:09 AM EDT
I don’t have the get-up-and-go on a Sunday morning to do a full-blown “And That Happened,” but here’s a quick tour of last night’s action:
He’s worried! You cut him! You hurt him! You see? You see? He’s not a machine, he’s a man!
We’ve secretly replaced Boston’s regular, inefficient fourth starter with one who wastes fewer pitches. Let’s see if they notice!
We’ve also replaced the late-00s version of Barry Zito with the early 00s version. I think the Rockies certainly noticed.
I can’t wait for Plaschke to explain this one.
The Cubs take a 2-0 lead in the World Series of Pathetic, Expensive Underachieving teams.
Finally, if the Yankees actually start getting contributions from guys like Sergio Mitre, well, forget about it.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (147)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)