Aug 30, 2009, 9:09 AM EST
I don’t have the get-up-and-go on a Sunday morning to do a full-blown “And That Happened,” but here’s a quick tour of last night’s action:
He’s worried! You cut him! You hurt him! You see? You see? He’s not a machine, he’s a man!
We’ve secretly replaced Boston’s regular, inefficient fourth starter with one who wastes fewer pitches. Let’s see if they notice!
We’ve also replaced the late-00s version of Barry Zito with the early 00s version. I think the Rockies certainly noticed.
I can’t wait for Plaschke to explain this one.
The Cubs take a 2-0 lead in the World Series of Pathetic, Expensive Underachieving teams.
Finally, if the Yankees actually start getting contributions from guys like Sergio Mitre, well, forget about it.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 37
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 54
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 43
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)