Aug 30, 2009, 9:09 AM EDT
I don’t have the get-up-and-go on a Sunday morning to do a full-blown “And That Happened,” but here’s a quick tour of last night’s action:
He’s worried! You cut him! You hurt him! You see? You see? He’s not a machine, he’s a man!
We’ve secretly replaced Boston’s regular, inefficient fourth starter with one who wastes fewer pitches. Let’s see if they notice!
We’ve also replaced the late-00s version of Barry Zito with the early 00s version. I think the Rockies certainly noticed.
I can’t wait for Plaschke to explain this one.
The Cubs take a 2-0 lead in the World Series of Pathetic, Expensive Underachieving teams.
Finally, if the Yankees actually start getting contributions from guys like Sergio Mitre, well, forget about it.
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 0
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 17
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 78
- Your Official HardballTalk World Series Preview 28
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 31
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (115)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)