Aug 31, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
It’s almost as if someone is trying to tell Scott Boras something:
A swarm of bees invaded his dugout-level suite at Angel Stadium on Sunday, though Boras didn’t appear to be at the game between Los Angeles and the Oakland Athletics.
bees occupied his front-row seats directly behind home plate for the
first two innings. They were removed with the help of a vacuum during
the third inning.
After the game, Boras circulated a three-inch binder to every team explaining how the bees are every bit as valuable as Albert Pujols and Johan Santana combined. Jon Heyman then reported that the bees would swarm in either Japan or the independent leagues next year if necessary. Finally, just before midnight, Boras convinced Dave Dombrowski to sign the the bees to a major league contract worth $10.2 million.
Say what you want, but the guy is amazing.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 16
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 50
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)