Aug 31, 2009, 8:20 AM EST
It’s almost as if someone is trying to tell Scott Boras something:
A swarm of bees invaded his dugout-level suite at Angel Stadium on Sunday, though Boras didn’t appear to be at the game between Los Angeles and the Oakland Athletics.
bees occupied his front-row seats directly behind home plate for the
first two innings. They were removed with the help of a vacuum during
the third inning.
After the game, Boras circulated a three-inch binder to every team explaining how the bees are every bit as valuable as Albert Pujols and Johan Santana combined. Jon Heyman then reported that the bees would swarm in either Japan or the independent leagues next year if necessary. Finally, just before midnight, Boras convinced Dave Dombrowski to sign the the bees to a major league contract worth $10.2 million.
Say what you want, but the guy is amazing.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)