Aug 31, 2009, 8:20 AM EST
It’s almost as if someone is trying to tell Scott Boras something:
A swarm of bees invaded his dugout-level suite at Angel Stadium on Sunday, though Boras didn’t appear to be at the game between Los Angeles and the Oakland Athletics.
bees occupied his front-row seats directly behind home plate for the
first two innings. They were removed with the help of a vacuum during
the third inning.
After the game, Boras circulated a three-inch binder to every team explaining how the bees are every bit as valuable as Albert Pujols and Johan Santana combined. Jon Heyman then reported that the bees would swarm in either Japan or the independent leagues next year if necessary. Finally, just before midnight, Boras convinced Dave Dombrowski to sign the the bees to a major league contract worth $10.2 million.
Say what you want, but the guy is amazing.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)