Aug 31, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
It’s almost as if someone is trying to tell Scott Boras something:
A swarm of bees invaded his dugout-level suite at Angel Stadium on Sunday, though Boras didn’t appear to be at the game between Los Angeles and the Oakland Athletics.
bees occupied his front-row seats directly behind home plate for the
first two innings. They were removed with the help of a vacuum during
the third inning.
After the game, Boras circulated a three-inch binder to every team explaining how the bees are every bit as valuable as Albert Pujols and Johan Santana combined. Jon Heyman then reported that the bees would swarm in either Japan or the independent leagues next year if necessary. Finally, just before midnight, Boras convinced Dave Dombrowski to sign the the bees to a major league contract worth $10.2 million.
Say what you want, but the guy is amazing.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Baseball is dying, you guys (80)