Aug 31, 2009, 8:20 AM EST
It’s almost as if someone is trying to tell Scott Boras something:
A swarm of bees invaded his dugout-level suite at Angel Stadium on Sunday, though Boras didn’t appear to be at the game between Los Angeles and the Oakland Athletics.
bees occupied his front-row seats directly behind home plate for the
first two innings. They were removed with the help of a vacuum during
the third inning.
After the game, Boras circulated a three-inch binder to every team explaining how the bees are every bit as valuable as Albert Pujols and Johan Santana combined. Jon Heyman then reported that the bees would swarm in either Japan or the independent leagues next year if necessary. Finally, just before midnight, Boras convinced Dave Dombrowski to sign the the bees to a major league contract worth $10.2 million.
Say what you want, but the guy is amazing.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)