Aug 31, 2009, 10:20 AM EDT
Paul Byrd’s gem couldn’t have come at a better time:
Boston Red Sox right-hand pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka allowed five runs
in the first inning of a rehab start for Boston’s minor league
affiliate Portland on Sunday.
According to the article, he suffered from no physical problems. Which, on some level, is actually more disturbing than if he had been injured because it suggests that this is good as it gets in Dice-K land anymore.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 2
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 122
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 4
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (132)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)