Aug 31, 2009, 10:20 AM EST
Paul Byrd’s gem couldn’t have come at a better time:
Boston Red Sox right-hand pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka allowed five runs
in the first inning of a rehab start for Boston’s minor league
affiliate Portland on Sunday.
According to the article, he suffered from no physical problems. Which, on some level, is actually more disturbing than if he had been injured because it suggests that this is good as it gets in Dice-K land anymore.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)