Aug 31, 2009, 10:20 AM EST
Paul Byrd’s gem couldn’t have come at a better time:
Boston Red Sox right-hand pitcher Daisuke Matsuzaka allowed five runs
in the first inning of a rehab start for Boston’s minor league
affiliate Portland on Sunday.
According to the article, he suffered from no physical problems. Which, on some level, is actually more disturbing than if he had been injured because it suggests that this is good as it gets in Dice-K land anymore.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)