Sep 1, 2009, 9:50 AM EDT
Brandon Phillips was hit on his wrist during a game against the Nats on August 15th, and claims he has a hairline fracture. Like any normal human being, Phillips has written the perpetrator’s name down in permanent marker and has vowed revenge:
“J.D. Martin,” Phillips said. “You can look at my hat and his name is in there. I write names in my hat and remember who I need to get … Not fighting or nothing, but getting back at that dude. You give some hard look at ‘em, let ‘em know, let ‘em see your name.
Pfft. If he was really serious he’d tattoo Martin’s name on his knuckles or on his back like DeNiro in “Cape Fear.” Or Sideshow Bob in “Cape Feare.”
Actually, if he was really serious, he’d be able to remember the names on his enemies list without having to write them all down. Assuming, at least, that he only has a small number of enemies. Which may not be a safe assumption.
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 0
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 46
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 6
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 19
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 42