Sep 1, 2009, 9:50 AM EST
Brandon Phillips was hit on his wrist during a game against the Nats on August 15th, and claims he has a hairline fracture. Like any normal human being, Phillips has written the perpetrator’s name down in permanent marker and has vowed revenge:
“J.D. Martin,” Phillips said. “You can look at my hat and his name is in there. I write names in my hat and remember who I need to get … Not fighting or nothing, but getting back at that dude. You give some hard look at ‘em, let ‘em know, let ‘em see your name.
Pfft. If he was really serious he’d tattoo Martin’s name on his knuckles or on his back like DeNiro in “Cape Fear.” Or Sideshow Bob in “Cape Feare.”
Actually, if he was really serious, he’d be able to remember the names on his enemies list without having to write them all down. Assuming, at least, that he only has a small number of enemies. Which may not be a safe assumption.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)