Sep 1, 2009, 8:50 AM EST
I have no idea how ballplayers function when stuff happens with their families while they’re on the road:
While in Denver on Thursday, Rafael Furcal got an alarming call from
his wife. Authorities had issued a mandatory evacuation of their
Flintridge neighborhood as the raging Station Fire approached, and she
didn’t know what to do.
“I tell my wife, ‘You know what, get clothes for the kids and
take the car and get out of there,’” Furcal said. “Life is more
important than anything.”
Furcal’s house was spared and everyone was alright. Torre didn’t start Furcal against the Diamondbacks last night, in part to give him a mental break.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)