Sep 2, 2009, 3:32 PM EDT
* Mark Divver of the Providence Journal notes that Joel Zumaya has thrown more 100-mph pitches this season than everyone else in baseball combined.
And he’s been out since mid-July with a shoulder injury. Amazing. Zumaya threw 584 pitches this season and 198 of them cracked triple digits.
* Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that no one seems quite sure whether Neftali Feliz will be start or relieve after this season, but hopefully the Rangers will at least give him a chance to succeed in the rotation.
* Interesting stat passed along by Keith Law of ESPN.com, via Twitter: “The AL has won 57.5 percent of interleague games the last four years. That’s a 93-69 record per 162 games.”
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 40
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)