Sep 2, 2009, 3:32 PM EDT
* Mark Divver of the Providence Journal notes that Joel Zumaya has thrown more 100-mph pitches this season than everyone else in baseball combined.
And he’s been out since mid-July with a shoulder injury. Amazing. Zumaya threw 584 pitches this season and 198 of them cracked triple digits.
* Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that no one seems quite sure whether Neftali Feliz will be start or relieve after this season, but hopefully the Rangers will at least give him a chance to succeed in the rotation.
* Interesting stat passed along by Keith Law of ESPN.com, via Twitter: “The AL has won 57.5 percent of interleague games the last four years. That’s a 93-69 record per 162 games.”
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 125
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 18
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 46
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 48
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 353
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (353)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (194)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)