Sep 2, 2009, 3:32 PM EST
* Mark Divver of the Providence Journal notes that Joel Zumaya has thrown more 100-mph pitches this season than everyone else in baseball combined.
And he’s been out since mid-July with a shoulder injury. Amazing. Zumaya threw 584 pitches this season and 198 of them cracked triple digits.
* Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that no one seems quite sure whether Neftali Feliz will be start or relieve after this season, but hopefully the Rangers will at least give him a chance to succeed in the rotation.
* Interesting stat passed along by Keith Law of ESPN.com, via Twitter: “The AL has won 57.5 percent of interleague games the last four years. That’s a 93-69 record per 162 games.”
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 18
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 30
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 81
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)