Sep 2, 2009, 3:32 PM EST
* Mark Divver of the Providence Journal notes that Joel Zumaya has thrown more 100-mph pitches this season than everyone else in baseball combined.
And he’s been out since mid-July with a shoulder injury. Amazing. Zumaya threw 584 pitches this season and 198 of them cracked triple digits.
* Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram writes that no one seems quite sure whether Neftali Feliz will be start or relieve after this season, but hopefully the Rangers will at least give him a chance to succeed in the rotation.
* Interesting stat passed along by Keith Law of ESPN.com, via Twitter: “The AL has won 57.5 percent of interleague games the last four years. That’s a 93-69 record per 162 games.”
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 49
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)