Sep 3, 2009, 12:35 AM EDT
We had some fun at David Wright’s expense last night.
Now it’s not normal operating procedure around here to make light of a guy coming back from a concussion, but since his Mets teammates didn’t hold back, and Wright himself was able to laugh at himself, we figured he was fair game.
The joviality continues today on “The Show,” where we seek to answer the question: What was the inspiration for Wright’s enormous head gear? Cats in fruit helmets? Rick Moranis? All of the above?
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 15
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 73
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)