Sep 3, 2009, 12:35 AM EDT
We had some fun at David Wright’s expense last night.
Now it’s not normal operating procedure around here to make light of a guy coming back from a concussion, but since his Mets teammates didn’t hold back, and Wright himself was able to laugh at himself, we figured he was fair game.
The joviality continues today on “The Show,” where we seek to answer the question: What was the inspiration for Wright’s enormous head gear? Cats in fruit helmets? Rick Moranis? All of the above?
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)