Sep 3, 2009, 12:35 AM EDT
We had some fun at David Wright’s expense last night.
Now it’s not normal operating procedure around here to make light of a guy coming back from a concussion, but since his Mets teammates didn’t hold back, and Wright himself was able to laugh at himself, we figured he was fair game.
The joviality continues today on “The Show,” where we seek to answer the question: What was the inspiration for Wright’s enormous head gear? Cats in fruit helmets? Rick Moranis? All of the above?
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 32
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 46
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 26
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)