Sep 3, 2009, 12:35 AM EDT
We had some fun at David Wright’s expense last night.
Now it’s not normal operating procedure around here to make light of a guy coming back from a concussion, but since his Mets teammates didn’t hold back, and Wright himself was able to laugh at himself, we figured he was fair game.
The joviality continues today on “The Show,” where we seek to answer the question: What was the inspiration for Wright’s enormous head gear? Cats in fruit helmets? Rick Moranis? All of the above?
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 6
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 213
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 52
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)