Sep 5, 2009, 9:42 AM EDT
“I was throwing the ball to the fans. [I was] emotional. It’s nothing
bad. I know I’m not supposed to throw the ball, but I’m feeling in the
moment. … I don’t throw it to hit nobody. I think if I throw it in
the right spot, I don’t hit nobody.”
- Tigers closer Fernando Rodney, after chucking the ball into the press box in jubilation following a 4-3 win over the Rays on Friday night. Call me crazy, but considering he has walked 30 batters in 60 2/3 innings this season, I don’t have much faith in his command.
“I always like the
pressure, to tell the truth. I’ve always been a kid against the
current, always uphill. I’ve battled my butt off to get where I am. I’m
not afraid of that. I take the challenge.”
- Bengie Molina, after yet another dose of late-inning heroics. Still hobbled by a strained right quadriceps muscle, Molina connected for a go-ahead solo home run in the eighth inning of a 3-2 win over the Brewers on Friday night.
“I wasn’t throwing the ball. It’s grenade launching.”
- More accurate words have never been said,
as Nationals starter Garrett Mock was pounded for six runs on seven hits, including two home
runs, over three innings in a 9-6 loss to the Marlins on Friday night.
”Anything’s better than that other place.”
- Cubs broadcaster Ron Santo, when asked about his first visit to Citi Field.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)