Sep 8, 2009, 4:22 PM EDT
- While he’s turned in five quality starts in the stretch, Tim Lincecum has been limited to one victory in six starts, putting quite a dent into his Cy Young chances. He’ll look to get back on course tonight against a Padres team that has scored more than four runs just once in eight games. Lincecum has dominated the Padres, amassing a 1.67 ERA in 11 starts. However, that’s resulted in just four victories for him.
- It figured to happen during Monday’s doubleheader or tonight’s game, but Derek Jeter is still four hits shy of topping Lou Gehrig’s Yankees record after going 0-for-8 yesterday. He’ll serve as a DH tonight against the Rays’ David Price. He’s currently sitting at 2,718 hits. If he’s going to hit a milestone tonight, it’s more likely to be his 300th career steal. He picked up No. 299 on Sunday.
Game of the Night
Seattle vs. Los Angeles – For the second time in a week, Felix Hernandez and Scott Kazmir will face off. King Felix got the better of Wednesday’s showdown in Seattle, throwing eight scoreless frames in a 3-0 victory. That spoiled the Angels debut of Kazmir, who allowed two runs — one earned — and struck out eight in 6 1/3 innings. This will be the southpaw’s first home start for his new team
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)