Sep 8, 2009, 9:25 AM EST
I know this is going to throw a major wrench into your offseason fantasy planning, but apparently Tom Glavine is not going to pitch in 2010.
In other news, agents for Charlie Leibrandt and Phil Niekro, the estate of Warren Spahn, and a historian writing a biography of Lefty Tyler have all indicated that their guys are going to sit 2010 out as well.
Zane Smith’s people could not be reached as of press time.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 74
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)