Sep 8, 2009, 9:25 AM EDT
I know this is going to throw a major wrench into your offseason fantasy planning, but apparently Tom Glavine is not going to pitch in 2010.
In other news, agents for Charlie Leibrandt and Phil Niekro, the estate of Warren Spahn, and a historian writing a biography of Lefty Tyler have all indicated that their guys are going to sit 2010 out as well.
Zane Smith’s people could not be reached as of press time.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 52
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 12
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 32
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 34
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)