Sep 9, 2009, 7:00 PM EDT
Four men have been arrested on charges of felony theft and destruction of property, accused of removing a four-foot aluminum monument to Cal Ripken from outside Camden Yards on Wednesday.
It took police all of two hours to track them down, thanks to a number of mistakes they made along the way …
— They bit off more than they could chew. They took Cal Ripken’s No. 8. There were a number of others to be had nearby, including Brooks Robinson’s No. 5, Jim Palmer’s No. 22 and Eddie Murray’s No. 33. Yet they chose Ripken. You think the police put out an “all-points bulletin” for Eddie Murray? I don’t think so.
— No disguise. The men were caught on surveillance cameras. If you’re going to break the law, wear a mask. Even Phoenix flight attendants know that.
— No discipline. The officers spotted the giant No. 8 in the back of a pickup truck when they responded to a disorderly conduct report. Mr. Blonde, Mr. Pink, Mr. White and Nice Guy Eddie, is that you?
— No money for legal counsel.
There was no indication they had attorneys.
Come on people. Do I have to do everything?
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 74
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (76)