Sep 9, 2009, 8:55 AM EDT
And in light of the fact the GM Doug Melvin actually says that he regretted not trading for Jarrod Washburn at the deadline, they might sign or trade anyone to get more pitching.
“We might take a little more chances and risks than we’re accustomed to taking.” Melvin said. What might you offer for an arm, Doug?
“It would be very difficult to move a guy like Prince,” Melvin said.
“There will be a lot of talk. Teams that have top pitching, that’s hard
to give up. I’ve got one of the best hitters in the game and that’s
hard to give up.”
I don’t take that as a vow to trade Prince Fielder or anything, but you’d think that even a GM willing to take risks would say something like “everyone but Braun and Fielder” are fair game, not that it “would be very difficult” to trade him. It’s difficult to trade anyone.
I’m bored, so let’s speculate: Prince Fielder to the Giants this winter for a couple of their young arms. Who’s with me?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)