Would you rent a luxury apartment if Cole Hamels told you to?

Sep 9, 2009, 10:20 AM EDT

Maybe I would in the abstract, but after seeing this ad, I think I’d stay as far away from him as possible.  The first one is bad enough, but where did those kids come from in the second?

Personally, I’d like to see this whole campaign reimagined with the 1993 Phillies. Picture Darren Daulton in Cole Hamels’ place and John Kruk posing like Heidi Hamels.

You’re welcome.

1. Editor - Sep 9, 2009 at 10:38 AM

“Your welcome”?? Really?
    C’mon. Your better than that.

2. Craig Calcaterra - Sep 9, 2009 at 10:50 AM

Oh my god, that was terrible. I’m sorry, Editor. It’s fixed now.
    As punishment, I will go run 50 laps around the library.

3. Joe Scmoe - Sep 9, 2009 at 11:42 AM

“C’mon. Your better than that.”
    It should be “You’re better than that.”
    FAIL.

4. Travis M. Nelson - Sep 9, 2009 at 12:25 PM

@Joe: Irony comprehension FAIL.
    @craig, I think the kids are representative of what the Hamels envision their family to look like a few years from now. She’s pregnant with a boy and they’re planning an adoption of a baby girl from Ethiopia, so in about 4-5 years, their family will look a lot like that. Although perhaps by then he’ll have shaved and her fake boobs will have started to sag.

5. jonny5 - Sep 9, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Wow, that’s so soft it’s almost very very gay. Cole!!! Wake up!!! Grow a set!!! ;>)~

6. 2Scoops - Sep 9, 2009 at 2:10 PM

Wait, isn’t the purpose of the editor to catch this stuff before it goes to print/gets posted? You SHOULD be better than that.

7. HOTROD - Sep 9, 2009 at 3:26 PM

HE IS A BI-ATCH, SHE PROBABLY BI-ATCH SLAPS HIM ALL THE TIME…….
    LADIES, IF YOUR MAN IS BETTER LQQKIN THAN YOU, HE IS GAY….
    SORRY :-(

8. The Rabbit - Sep 9, 2009 at 4:22 PM

Ads like that make me glad that I moved from Philly.
    If you’re going to suggest prior Phillies, I think Lenny Dyskstra would be perfect for that ad.

9. Nestor Orihuela - Jan 1, 2010 at 4:51 AM

Hi, It is likely this entry may be off topic but anyways, I’ve been surfing around your site and it seems extremely awesome. It is obvious you know your subject and you seem passionate about it. I’m constructing a fresh website and I’m striving to make it look great, and also present high quality posts. I have learned a good deal at this website plus I anticipate further quality content and will be returning soon. Thanks.

10. Andrew A. Sailer - Jan 17, 2010 at 8:15 AM

I have a lot like Prague from Czech Republic. Although it does not seem to have this much in common. I recommend her first visit and see the architecture.

11. Rosalba Kveen - Feb 19, 2010 at 9:08 PM

Very good post. Thanks for sharing.

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5255)