Sep 10, 2009, 11:57 AM EDT
* September means rookie hazing and rookie hazing means … well, David Price in a pink dress and matching high heels. Now spend the rest of your day trying to remove that image from your brain. Seriously, good luck.
* Adam Everett’s wife competed in the Mrs. America pageant earlier this week while representing the state of Georgia, but was not chosen among the finalists.
* On a marginally related note, the Red Sox’s wives and girlfriends recently put on their annual fashion show, entitled “From Fenway to the Runway.” And yes, the Boston Herald does have a slideshow of the event.
* Yesterday was team picture day for the Mets. Only five players were injured during the photo shoot.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 2
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)