Sep 10, 2009, 11:57 AM EDT
* September means rookie hazing and rookie hazing means … well, David Price in a pink dress and matching high heels. Now spend the rest of your day trying to remove that image from your brain. Seriously, good luck.
* Adam Everett’s wife competed in the Mrs. America pageant earlier this week while representing the state of Georgia, but was not chosen among the finalists.
* On a marginally related note, the Red Sox’s wives and girlfriends recently put on their annual fashion show, entitled “From Fenway to the Runway.” And yes, the Boston Herald does have a slideshow of the event.
* Yesterday was team picture day for the Mets. Only five players were injured during the photo shoot.
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 0
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a serious Achilles injury Saturday night 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 7
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 89
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 77
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 70
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)