Sep 10, 2009, 11:57 AM EST
* September means rookie hazing and rookie hazing means … well, David Price in a pink dress and matching high heels. Now spend the rest of your day trying to remove that image from your brain. Seriously, good luck.
* Adam Everett’s wife competed in the Mrs. America pageant earlier this week while representing the state of Georgia, but was not chosen among the finalists.
* On a marginally related note, the Red Sox’s wives and girlfriends recently put on their annual fashion show, entitled “From Fenway to the Runway.” And yes, the Boston Herald does have a slideshow of the event.
* Yesterday was team picture day for the Mets. Only five players were injured during the photo shoot.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)