Sep 10, 2009, 11:57 AM EST
* September means rookie hazing and rookie hazing means … well, David Price in a pink dress and matching high heels. Now spend the rest of your day trying to remove that image from your brain. Seriously, good luck.
* Adam Everett’s wife competed in the Mrs. America pageant earlier this week while representing the state of Georgia, but was not chosen among the finalists.
* On a marginally related note, the Red Sox’s wives and girlfriends recently put on their annual fashion show, entitled “From Fenway to the Runway.” And yes, the Boston Herald does have a slideshow of the event.
* Yesterday was team picture day for the Mets. Only five players were injured during the photo shoot.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)