Sep 15, 2009, 9:52 AM EDT
Well, kind of: they’re allowing people to register for a drawing for a chance to buy ALDS tickets as of noon today. The results of the drawing will be next week. The lucky winners will have the opportunity to pay $130 for field box and loge box seats, $100 for pavilion, $55 for the grandstand, $35 for the bleachers and $30 for standing room only. Plus $21 per ticket in processing and “convenience” fees. Given that they’re doing this online, I wonder how much processing is really necessary, but such is the age in which we live.
I suppose the logistics of all of this requires that they get going early, but it is the kind of thing that makes me want to see the Rangers surge and the AL Wild Card race go down to the very last day.
UPDATE: The Rangers are apparently doing it too. Bah. Go Mariners.
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 4
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 25
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 219
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 95
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (220)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (95)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (85)