Sep 15, 2009, 9:52 AM EDT
Well, kind of: they’re allowing people to register for a drawing for a chance to buy ALDS tickets as of noon today. The results of the drawing will be next week. The lucky winners will have the opportunity to pay $130 for field box and loge box seats, $100 for pavilion, $55 for the grandstand, $35 for the bleachers and $30 for standing room only. Plus $21 per ticket in processing and “convenience” fees. Given that they’re doing this online, I wonder how much processing is really necessary, but such is the age in which we live.
I suppose the logistics of all of this requires that they get going early, but it is the kind of thing that makes me want to see the Rangers surge and the AL Wild Card race go down to the very last day.
UPDATE: The Rangers are apparently doing it too. Bah. Go Mariners.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 51
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 16
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)