Sep 15, 2009, 9:52 AM EDT
Well, kind of: they’re allowing people to register for a drawing for a chance to buy ALDS tickets as of noon today. The results of the drawing will be next week. The lucky winners will have the opportunity to pay $130 for field box and loge box seats, $100 for pavilion, $55 for the grandstand, $35 for the bleachers and $30 for standing room only. Plus $21 per ticket in processing and “convenience” fees. Given that they’re doing this online, I wonder how much processing is really necessary, but such is the age in which we live.
I suppose the logistics of all of this requires that they get going early, but it is the kind of thing that makes me want to see the Rangers surge and the AL Wild Card race go down to the very last day.
UPDATE: The Rangers are apparently doing it too. Bah. Go Mariners.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 68
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 66
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 23
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 62
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29