Sep 15, 2009, 9:52 AM EDT
Well, kind of: they’re allowing people to register for a drawing for a chance to buy ALDS tickets as of noon today. The results of the drawing will be next week. The lucky winners will have the opportunity to pay $130 for field box and loge box seats, $100 for pavilion, $55 for the grandstand, $35 for the bleachers and $30 for standing room only. Plus $21 per ticket in processing and “convenience” fees. Given that they’re doing this online, I wonder how much processing is really necessary, but such is the age in which we live.
I suppose the logistics of all of this requires that they get going early, but it is the kind of thing that makes me want to see the Rangers surge and the AL Wild Card race go down to the very last day.
UPDATE: The Rangers are apparently doing it too. Bah. Go Mariners.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)