Sep 15, 2009, 9:52 AM EDT
Well, kind of: they’re allowing people to register for a drawing for a chance to buy ALDS tickets as of noon today. The results of the drawing will be next week. The lucky winners will have the opportunity to pay $130 for field box and loge box seats, $100 for pavilion, $55 for the grandstand, $35 for the bleachers and $30 for standing room only. Plus $21 per ticket in processing and “convenience” fees. Given that they’re doing this online, I wonder how much processing is really necessary, but such is the age in which we live.
I suppose the logistics of all of this requires that they get going early, but it is the kind of thing that makes me want to see the Rangers surge and the AL Wild Card race go down to the very last day.
UPDATE: The Rangers are apparently doing it too. Bah. Go Mariners.
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 20
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)