Sep 17, 2009, 9:50 AM EST
“What was the count in the end, 3-4 to Green?”
– Angels Manager Mike Scioscia, voicing his displeasure at what he felt were two blown calls during the penultimate at bat in last night’s Angels-Sox game.
I haven’t seen it yet, but reasonable people are disagreeing on whether or not the check swing really was a check swing. Scioscia is dead right about the pitch that was called ball four, however.
(thanks to Jason for the heads up)
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27