Sep 17, 2009, 9:50 AM EDT
“What was the count in the end, 3-4 to Green?”
– Angels Manager Mike Scioscia, voicing his displeasure at what he felt were two blown calls during the penultimate at bat in last night’s Angels-Sox game.
I haven’t seen it yet, but reasonable people are disagreeing on whether or not the check swing really was a check swing. Scioscia is dead right about the pitch that was called ball four, however.
(thanks to Jason for the heads up)
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)