Sep 17, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT
That business the Cubs do with having a celebrity sing “Take me out to the ballgame” and then sit in the booth to be interviewed afterwards? Yeah, they should probably ditch that. Ladies and gentlemen, Richard Dreyfuss:
The guy admitted he had not watched a game since 1988. He had no idea Bill Murray was a Cubs fan. And, he rambled on about how screwed up our country is. Just what we want to hear while watching America’s Pastime.
If you missed it, here’s some of the transcript:
…Dreyfuss: If you had asked me, I would have [played center field]. Absolutely. Better than Manny Rodriguez.
[Loud, hearty laughter from Kasper and Brenly]
Kasper: Who’s Manny Rodriguez?
This was no boating accident. It was a train wreck.
I’m sure the Cubs have a tape of Harry Caray singing the song somewhere. Why don’t they just play that and dispense with this nonsense already?
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 11
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 16
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)