Sep 17, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT
That business the Cubs do with having a celebrity sing “Take me out to the ballgame” and then sit in the booth to be interviewed afterwards? Yeah, they should probably ditch that. Ladies and gentlemen, Richard Dreyfuss:
The guy admitted he had not watched a game since 1988. He had no idea Bill Murray was a Cubs fan. And, he rambled on about how screwed up our country is. Just what we want to hear while watching America’s Pastime.
If you missed it, here’s some of the transcript:
…Dreyfuss: If you had asked me, I would have [played center field]. Absolutely. Better than Manny Rodriguez.
[Loud, hearty laughter from Kasper and Brenly]
Kasper: Who’s Manny Rodriguez?
This was no boating accident. It was a train wreck.
I’m sure the Cubs have a tape of Harry Caray singing the song somewhere. Why don’t they just play that and dispense with this nonsense already?
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy