Sep 17, 2009, 8:50 AM EDT
That business the Cubs do with having a celebrity sing “Take me out to the ballgame” and then sit in the booth to be interviewed afterwards? Yeah, they should probably ditch that. Ladies and gentlemen, Richard Dreyfuss:
The guy admitted he had not watched a game since 1988. He had no idea Bill Murray was a Cubs fan. And, he rambled on about how screwed up our country is. Just what we want to hear while watching America’s Pastime.
If you missed it, here’s some of the transcript:
…Dreyfuss: If you had asked me, I would have [played center field]. Absolutely. Better than Manny Rodriguez.
[Loud, hearty laughter from Kasper and Brenly]
Kasper: Who’s Manny Rodriguez?
This was no boating accident. It was a train wreck.
I’m sure the Cubs have a tape of Harry Caray singing the song somewhere. Why don’t they just play that and dispense with this nonsense already?
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 26
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 32
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 126
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (126)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)