Sep 18, 2009, 10:22 AM EDT
Almost exactly one year ago, MLB Trade Rumors wrote this:
The Rangers have the game’s best catching surplus, with Laird, Teagarden, Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Max Ramirez.
Today, MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan says that the Rangers are seriously thinking about signing Pudge to an extension. And it makes sense, too.
People were throwing around names like Clay Buchholz and Rick Porcello in trade rumors involving the Rangers’ catching surplus last year. What a difference a year makes.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)