Sep 18, 2009, 10:22 AM EDT
Almost exactly one year ago, MLB Trade Rumors wrote this:
The Rangers have the game’s best catching surplus, with Laird, Teagarden, Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Max Ramirez.
Today, MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan says that the Rangers are seriously thinking about signing Pudge to an extension. And it makes sense, too.
People were throwing around names like Clay Buchholz and Rick Porcello in trade rumors involving the Rangers’ catching surplus last year. What a difference a year makes.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy