Sep 18, 2009, 10:22 AM EDT
Almost exactly one year ago, MLB Trade Rumors wrote this:
The Rangers have the game’s best catching surplus, with Laird, Teagarden, Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Max Ramirez.
Today, MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan says that the Rangers are seriously thinking about signing Pudge to an extension. And it makes sense, too.
People were throwing around names like Clay Buchholz and Rick Porcello in trade rumors involving the Rangers’ catching surplus last year. What a difference a year makes.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)