Sep 18, 2009, 10:22 AM EDT
Almost exactly one year ago, MLB Trade Rumors wrote this:
The Rangers have the game’s best catching surplus, with Laird, Teagarden, Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Max Ramirez.
Today, MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan says that the Rangers are seriously thinking about signing Pudge to an extension. And it makes sense, too.
People were throwing around names like Clay Buchholz and Rick Porcello in trade rumors involving the Rangers’ catching surplus last year. What a difference a year makes.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 23
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 20
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 23
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 66
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)