Sep 18, 2009, 10:22 AM EDT
Almost exactly one year ago, MLB Trade Rumors wrote this:
The Rangers have the game’s best catching surplus, with Laird, Teagarden, Jarrod Saltalamacchia and Max Ramirez.
Today, MLB.com’s T.R. Sullivan says that the Rangers are seriously thinking about signing Pudge to an extension. And it makes sense, too.
People were throwing around names like Clay Buchholz and Rick Porcello in trade rumors involving the Rangers’ catching surplus last year. What a difference a year makes.
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 25
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)