Sep 19, 2009, 1:04 PM EST
“You can skew that any way you want. We’ve got a good pitching staff and
they (hitters) seem to lock in on us. When we do leave a pitch up, they
lick their chops. They go at it like a rabid dog.”
- Brandon Inge explains how the Twins cut the Tigers lead in the American League Central to just three games on Friday night.
“No one likes to give in. We have a
situation where some people start counting people out. Every time it
seems like we get back in it, we fall back away and we get back in it.
When you’re this close in the pennant race, whichever team gets hot
- Jeremy Affeldt says the Giants aren’t quite done. After Friday’s 8-4 win over the Dodgers, the Giants sit 2 1/2 games behind the Rockies in the Wild Card race.
“We’re not winning ballgames, and it’s not a lot of fun right now. It just gets to the
point where there’s no use in moping around the clubhouse or getting
overly angry. It’s getting to us a little bit, but that’s where we need to rebound and find that character we’ve had all year.”
- David Murphy thinks losing isn’t much fun.
The Rangers have dropped five in a row and find themselves 7 1/2 games
behind the first-place Angels and seven games behind the Red Sox for
the Wild Card. The Rangers haven’t scored a run in 23 innings.
“In this ballpark, you always feel like you’ve got a chance. This was a good win. And, we did it
against one of the best closers in baseball. That doesn’t happen very
- Fredi Gonzalez reacts to a stunning four-run ninth-inning rally
against Francisco Cordero and the Reds on Friday night. The win moved
the Marlins to within four games of the Rockies in the Wild Card race.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)