Sep 21, 2009, 9:25 AM EDT
“Sometimes you’ve just got to look in the mirror and realize that maybe
the biggest part of the problem is yourself and (not) wanting to be
here and play every day, and (not) wanting to have some fun. It didn’t
seem like he wanted to have some fun, even from spring training.”
– Ryan Dempster tells it like it is after Milton Bradley was suspended for the rest of the season for conduct detrimental to the organization on Sunday.
“We knew this could make or break us, and that’s what it was. We didn’t play well. Everybody knows what
happened the last nine games. We’re not mathematically out of it, but
our chances aren’t very good.”
– Ian Kinsler, after the Angels all but knocked the Rangers out of playoff contention by taking two out of three over the weekend.
“I don’t want to sound like I’m a prophet, but I said early in the
season that it would probably go down to the last week. Three games is better than one, but it still could
go down to the wire.”
– Oh, so the Tigers have sucked over the past two weeks just so Jim Leyland can be right. I got it now.
“You’ve just seen over this last week what can happen in the course of
six games. We still have 13
to play. Obviously they’re in the driver’s seat right now, three games
up. But anything can happen.”
– Michael Cuddyer has played a big part in the Twins’ recent surge in the standings.
Even though the Twins six-game winning streak was snapped on Sunday,
Cuddyer is batting .357 with four homers and 13 RBI since stepping in
at first base for Justin Morneau.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)