Sep 21, 2009, 9:25 AM EST
“Sometimes you’ve just got to look in the mirror and realize that maybe
the biggest part of the problem is yourself and (not) wanting to be
here and play every day, and (not) wanting to have some fun. It didn’t
seem like he wanted to have some fun, even from spring training.”
- Ryan Dempster tells it like it is after Milton Bradley was suspended for the rest of the season for conduct detrimental to the organization on Sunday.
“We knew this could make or break us, and that’s what it was. We didn’t play well. Everybody knows what
happened the last nine games. We’re not mathematically out of it, but
our chances aren’t very good.”
- Ian Kinsler, after the Angels all but knocked the Rangers out of playoff contention by taking two out of three over the weekend.
“I don’t want to sound like I’m a prophet, but I said early in the
season that it would probably go down to the last week. Three games is better than one, but it still could
go down to the wire.”
- Oh, so the Tigers have sucked over the past two weeks just so Jim Leyland can be right. I got it now.
“You’ve just seen over this last week what can happen in the course of
six games. We still have 13
to play. Obviously they’re in the driver’s seat right now, three games
up. But anything can happen.”
- Michael Cuddyer has played a big part in the Twins’ recent surge in the standings.
Even though the Twins six-game winning streak was snapped on Sunday,
Cuddyer is batting .357 with four homers and 13 RBI since stepping in
at first base for Justin Morneau.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 0
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 278
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (279)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)