Sep 23, 2009, 10:02 AM EDT
There’s a reason the guy is so powerful. Pete Abe:
Scott Boras has a suite right behind the plate at Angel Stadium and
almost always arrives early to watch batting practice and consult with
his clients. At one point yesterday, Johnny Damon, Mark Teixeira and
Alex Rodriguez were literally lined up to speak to Boras.
Boras may or may not be worthy of such fealty, but ask yourself: if you’re a young up-and-coming player and you see a half a billion dollars worth of contracts lining up to talk to the guy, aren’t you going to at least consider throwing your agent over the side to get with him?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)