Sep 23, 2009, 10:02 AM EST
There’s a reason the guy is so powerful. Pete Abe:
Scott Boras has a suite right behind the plate at Angel Stadium and
almost always arrives early to watch batting practice and consult with
his clients. At one point yesterday, Johnny Damon, Mark Teixeira and
Alex Rodriguez were literally lined up to speak to Boras.
Boras may or may not be worthy of such fealty, but ask yourself: if you’re a young up-and-coming player and you see a half a billion dollars worth of contracts lining up to talk to the guy, aren’t you going to at least consider throwing your agent over the side to get with him?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)