Sep 24, 2009, 8:20 AM EST
On at least one level I feel sorry for Milton Bradley, and that has to do with his mom, who simply won’t stop talking to the Chicago media about her son.
The latest? According to her, Bradley was distracted because his three year-old son was subjected to racist taunts. “Parents, teachers and their kids called him the n-word,” she said. Tough preschool. Also, says Ma Bradley, the fans hated him right off the bat because he wasn’t Mark DeRosa. “And he could see right away the fans didn’t accept him because they
wanted DeRosa, I think his name was, to be there. So he never really
felt accepted. He never felt comfortable at all.” Oh, and she also says that Bradley would like to play in Chicago again if given the chance.
I feel sorry for him because I could totally see my mom doing this. Except instead of racist toddlers and DeRosa envy, my mom would blame all of my struggles on gas or “a change in the weather,” which are the two things she has blamed for every bit of negativity that has happened in her lifetime, be it the space shuttle exploding, inflation, or the Kennedy assassination.
I’d say I can’t wait to hear more from Bradley’s mom, but my guess is that Milton is going to spend a good bit of time today arranging for her phone number to be changed.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)