Sep 24, 2009, 8:20 AM EDT
On at least one level I feel sorry for Milton Bradley, and that has to do with his mom, who simply won’t stop talking to the Chicago media about her son.
The latest? According to her, Bradley was distracted because his three year-old son was subjected to racist taunts. “Parents, teachers and their kids called him the n-word,” she said. Tough preschool. Also, says Ma Bradley, the fans hated him right off the bat because he wasn’t Mark DeRosa. “And he could see right away the fans didn’t accept him because they
wanted DeRosa, I think his name was, to be there. So he never really
felt accepted. He never felt comfortable at all.” Oh, and she also says that Bradley would like to play in Chicago again if given the chance.
I feel sorry for him because I could totally see my mom doing this. Except instead of racist toddlers and DeRosa envy, my mom would blame all of my struggles on gas or “a change in the weather,” which are the two things she has blamed for every bit of negativity that has happened in her lifetime, be it the space shuttle exploding, inflation, or the Kennedy assassination.
I’d say I can’t wait to hear more from Bradley’s mom, but my guess is that Milton is going to spend a good bit of time today arranging for her phone number to be changed.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 4
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 5
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 12
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 55
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)